I still believe, as I have voted before, that because we are a community of
developers spread across the world and work space, we should have some warning
for releases - we are collaborating here - people should have a bit of time to
tie up loose ends, investigate reports, weigh in about the pending release,
whatever, to help make a solid release. A week minimum has always seemed
reasonable to me. It's not enough time to slam in your latest big feature -
unless you are confident or marking it as experimental or whatever consensus on
that issue decides (we play by consensus) - but it is enough time to harden,
investigate, and tie up loose ends that have worried you, but you have not
tackled, not yet having the pressure of an impending release.

No one should *need* a release right now unless it's a critical bug fix
release. Otherwise it seems you can always bring it up a week before you need
it. And then everyone gets to play nice together even though this may not be
their first job or they may be in university for the weekend, or whatever.

So +1 to next Wednesday, -1 to right now.

- Mark