+1 to add this comment to the pom.xml.template files for lucene-codec (and
lucene-core, solr-core and solr-solrj), but the "dark magic" isn't necessary
for Ant, since it's more flexible than Maven, so I don't think any mention
needs to be made of this in build.xml files.

Maven considers dependencies to be cyclic even if they are used in different
build phases - e.g. lucene-test-framework has a compile-phase dependency on
lucene-codecs, and lucene-codecs has a test-phase dependency on
lucene-test-framework.