Github user AndyPook commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/209

    Just sticking my 2p/2c in again...

    Having this as middleware with a ```UseLuceneReplicator("rootPrefix",
service)``` would be a lot more "natural" from an aspnetcore point of view.

    Part of the reason that the controller looks a little odd is due to the
signature of ```Perform```. It is odd to use the Request/Response properties in
a Controller. In order to make the routing work it also needs "{path*}" and the
arg etc which is ignored cos it actually pulls those direct from the Request.

    Looking at how Perform works, middleware taking control of the req/res at
the owin layer without all the mvc/routing shenanigans. Having it intercept a
few path(s) (ie ```StartsWith(routprefix```) would seem the "right thing to
do". That way the developer can just add the middleware without needing to get
involved in creating a "weird" controller or messing with routing or thinking
about DI or...
    The MVC feature is just middleware after all.

    I think there may be an odd side effect if an exception occurs part way
through. ie a partial response with a json serialized exception added to the
end which would be hard for the client to deal with (although if this is how
the java version works...).

    Or if you think the Controller approach is better, I could imagine wrapping
some of the behavior in a custom ```IActionResult```. This could deal with
handling the exception and creating the right kind of http response. This would
leave the ReplicationService with just creating the stream.

    Might also be worth digging into how aspnetcore deals with big streams (ie
does it buffer them in memory before sending the first byte like old asp/iis
did or can it do something smarter).

    Anyway, just some thoughts... what do you think?

    I ought to put my money where my mouth is, write some code and contribute :)
    I haven't used VS2015 in what seems like forever. We'll see what the
weekend brings

---
with INFRA.
---