Github user jeme commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/209

    I generally don't like the middleware idea, at least not as a starting
point because it doesn't feel like what we are adding sits at such a "general"
level... It doesn't feel like across the board infrastructure in the same way
as Mvc, Ioc etc.

    Another thing is that we don't really hide much complexity for the
developer but instead take away his freedom to decide when and where indexes
etc. should be initialized or at least provide some pre-stage knowledge of it
as each index would have to have a replicator configured, these should then be
accessible from where he writes to the index has they have to be notified of
changes...

    So all in all, I would like to provide both flexibility and ease of use,
but I would rather do the later first with the first one in mind so that can be
added on top later (Or even by 3rd party libraries where people could try out
different approaches, so we can find the best one)...

    In other words, I won't block people to implement it as middle-ware if they
wan't to, even though I personally feel that would be misplaced, on the
contrary... But I don't feel like I have enough knowledge and experience to
provide them with a good solution yet... So I aim for a more general one.

---
with INFRA.
---