Github user NightOwl888 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/209

    Funny you mentioned that. I was struggling to get the
ReplicationHttpListener to work with the HttpClient due to the async weirdness
that is going on there. I even made an attempt to use the HttpListener for .NET
Framework-only support, but that didn't pan out either. I ended up postponing
that piece for now so I could work on the `.csproj` migration and get that out
of the way.

    Speaking of which, I am considering excluding the
Lucene.Net.Replicator.AspNetCore project from the CI build (and the release)
until it is more complete. Would there be a point to releasing the
Lucene.Net.Replicator package without it? I am just wondering whether it is
required for the functionality to work or if you are providing enough of a
guide to get it working without that piece.

    We can always work on it more after the next beta release, I am just
wondering if it should be in the release and if so how much of it? But it is
simpler to deal with if it is in master because of the sweeping changes that
need to be done.

    Unfortunately, after I installed the latest version of VS 2017 and .NET
Core 2.0 SDK on my machine, it broke all ability to test Lucene.Net on .NET
Core - and it is simpler to upgrade to the fully supported `.csproj` format
than to spend the time to work out why this old preview that Microsoft doesn't
support anymore doesn't work. I just have a little more to do before pushing
this to master and trying out the new build process on TeamCity.

---
with INFRA.
---