Github user NightOwl888 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/209

    > Actually way back the first time I began to look into Lucene on .NET I
did come across a few other attempts on just that, but I guess they died off in
favor for this, and to some extend thanks for that because one of them
attempted to use a RAW port (no .NET-fications) and then just build a wrapper
around it, in theory a good idea if you could do fully automated porting for
every Lucene release, but in practice not viable at all I think...

    > Other solutions simply used a JNBridge and the Lucene Jar's... No idea
how well that would work, again I think you would have the wrapper layer.
Sounds awfully ineffective...

    It sounds like you are referring to what happens when you use
[IKVM](http://www.ikvm.net/userguide/tutorial.html) to convert a `.jar` to MSIL
byte code. You get a full-on Java-style API including the ridiculously long
namespace names.

    I recently have been looking into using it to avoid porting some of the
Analysis dependencies (such as UIMA, which is quite large).  I wouldn't use
such a thing for Lucene.Net because of the performance impact it would have
(which I have read is something like a 20-25% loss, but I suspect would be much
higher than that). But even [Standford
University](https://sergey-tihon.github.io/Stanford.NLP.NET/) is using
IKVM-processed Java for natural language processing, so I think this would be
adequate for (at least index time) analysis.

    Unfortunately, even that (apparently long-standing) project has [recently
died out](http://weblog.ikvm.net/default.aspx). There will never be .NET
Standard support for IKVM unless someone picks up the torch and keeps moving it
forward.

---
with INFRA.
---