Hi,

Lars Nooden wrote on 2010-07-22 18.07:
I'd like to propose that we at least take a cursory look at SIP clients
and services like Ekiga's public conference rooms.

https://www.ekiga.net/index.php?page=services

They're hosted by Ekiga and accessible to any SIP client.

The sooner we can move to open standards, the sooner we can make
participation more open by offering a wider range of clients and
platforms.  For some of the proprietary systems, like Skype, I have to
fire up OS X and would prefer to instead have the option of staying in
one of the FOSS systems if that's what's on my screen at the moment.

well, let's look into this after the summer vacation, probably. I'm still against SIP, because it has much more problems on the firewall side than a normal phone call, but if it's prefered by many of us, we can look into it, of course.

However, be aware that e.g. people joining from companies need to use a regular phone as they cannot use outgoing SIP in many cases, so we need a solution that fits both.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@openoffice.org>
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead