For what it's worth, I think it is good that this discussion is being
held here. What I see happening is that perspectives and ideas and
difficulties are being openly discussed in a 'public' forum that is
open to all who wish to be involved... and that this 'concept of
openness' is what got me, personally, involved with the OOo
Community... to which I still believe I have useful skills to
contribute, though I am NOT a code-developer (I am a retired media
management and marketing professional)... which has to a great degree
constrained my participation in many of the discussions which take
place on this list... And still, given OOo is to continue 'as
something', it seems to me critical that this conversation continue
right here where it was begun... ~Christine