I am not a Maven or other Apache committer. I just wanted to help and saw the
initial question about GitHub PRs which I have answered. I really cannot say
anything intelligent about the follow-up questions though, only one general
thing: Now you know what type of access right you need for GitHub PR merging,
ask the respective repo owners to issue them to those who need it.

Good luck
--
Alexander Kriegisch