+1

Good idea. I err on the side of expunging to reduce the foot print. If the
person cares enough they will come back. There's a lot of gorp in JIRA.

On Nov 23, 2014, at 2:05 PM, Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> this has been itching me for quite some time now. Once in a while, I check
> our JIRA projects for open issues and try to evaluate them for fixability,
> etc. While some reporters respond after a question, some never do.
>
> I'd like to propose to close a ticket as *Incomplete* when the reporter is
> not responding to a question which is required to solve the issue. E.g., log
> file, further information, sample project, reproduce with newest version, etc.
>
> We could squash out more than 100 bugs (not improvements) in JIRA with that.
> It makes no sense having them around for ever.
>
> The target wait period should be *30 days* after a Maven developer requested
> further information. While 30 days seem quite long for some of you, I think
> this is a decent timeframe for those who are quite busy with other stuff. I
> catch myself too often needing more than two weeks to answer with a qualified
> statement to a JIRA ticket.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Michael

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

  -- Jakob Burckhardt