Hi,

On 4/11/15 2:26 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
ok, thanks for the feedback: we're in the right direction
I'll immediately change the configuration to every Jira project, since the
current SUREFIRE configuration lets committers work on daily basis, which is
important!

then I just had a look at Jira documentation [1]

and it seems managing versions is in "Administer Projects" permission, like
other abilities:
"edit project role membership, project components, project versions and some
project details ('Project Name', 'URL', 'Project Lead', 'Project
Description')"

This means we now have 2 choices:

1. either give this ability only to PMC members, like it is done at the
moment: committers have a lot of freedom on issues, but not on projects: if
they need a version or a component, they'll ask to PMC, like at the moment on
other activities related to release management

I would go with option 1 as well....we can see if much is comming than we might decide otherwise...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

2. or give the project administrator role to committers

I like the second option, but the only associated ability that IMHO makes this
decision debatable is "edit project role membership". I'll ask Mark if this
one can be configured independently from the other ones

If not, we'll have to make a choice.
IIUC, with current SUREFIRE configuration, that will be applied immediately to
every project, we're not in a hurry: this is only a point to decide in the
near future, isn't it?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions