Github user Tibor17 commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/105#issuecomment-141484326

    LGTM but missing ITs.
    You can use the one in Jira and create new for testsuites. See how the ITs
are written in surefire-integration-tests module. I guess you already have the
experiences.

    We have to update documentation regarding parallel exec in TestNG with use
of these parameters and trivial use cases for each.

    As a hint for `dataproviderthreadcount` you can print
`ConcurrentHashMap#size()` and assert that string `concurrency=30.` appears in
console lines. You would need to put a little delay 100 millis where iterations
1000 would be enough to have.
    This way you do not need any performance test - no need to assert exec time
which is always dependent on CPU in build park.

    Regarding `suitethreadpoolsize` is there any way to print verbose
configuration by TestNG?
    Other possibility would be to implement `ITestListener` remember time of
the first `onStart` and time of last `oninish` and compute the diff time. This
would be the performance test, but it may vary 1.0 sec in overloaded build park.
    One way or another the IT should assert that all suites run successfully.

---
with INFRA.
---