Github user Tibor17 commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/105#issuecomment-141693490

    Well regarding deadline of 2.19 is as I said EO September, and 2.20 is
unknown but I want to have it till the EO 2015.
    You know what would be great is to use surefire configuration parameter
`parallel` having values like `methods`, `classes` and new value `suites`. We
can accept TestNG own values `instances` and `tests` but then you should
improve sanity check in `AbstractSurefireMojo`.

    We can make an agreement, that you will keep using the old TestNG method
while improving the parallelism as described above + ITs, and you will have
enough time to think about the redesign till the release of Version 2.20.
    Can we agree like this?
    You don't need to be in hurry now and you will have chance to reorganize
your private time in favor of completing 2.20. I think everybody will be
thankful like users who are waiting for fix however they mostly don't mind
about our code, and we or TestNG because the deprecated method can be removed
in few months.

---
with INFRA.
---