Hi Tibor,

There's no need to hurry to for Maven-4.0.0 just because of the modelVersion. Maven2 was already using it, we may assume that users already know about this. I'd really prefer to stay on 3.x and go to 5.x once we've extended the model to version 5.0.0. (I don't mind skipping 4.x if that's the case)
Users may expect huge changes when going to the next major.
In case of the 3.0 it was most of all architectural, I wonder if most users noticed the changes. However, it still took a long long time to convince users to switch from 2.2.1 to 3.x

thanks,
Robert