Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply ... and ok, I understand the point of view.

Note that I have added several improvements to the progress meter in master.

Thanks for the information, I will look at MNG-5977
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5977> concretely.

Still keep in mind that an artifact is downloaded only once to the local
> cache.

Yes, agree.

Have a nice weekend.
Best regards.