Am 02/19/17 um 13:06 schrieb Michael Osipov:
> Socket give you, of course, a lot of control, but they also impose an
> overhead compares to named pipes (mkfifo, CreateNamePipe).
>
> I think our biggest problem is that stdout is subject to buffering
> issues and in case if System#exit() status Z is the buffer, never
> written out.
> Surefire thinks that the crashed.

Not sure I understand the issue at hand completely. If the code calling
"exit" is in Surefire and the code consuming the stdout/stderr streams
also is in Surefire, there is a solution to this. Can we just close the
stdio streams before calling exit? Would that be possible? Just add
System.out.close(), System.err.close() and System.in.close() before the
call to System.exit(). This could solve it. Will look up posix
documentation on this now. We maybe are just running into an issue where
the BSDs get it right and others are not strictly posix compliant.
Getting someone to test this on OSX would be interesting (kernel or
userland issue). This could even be a bug in the VM (not platform
independent).

Christian