Am 03/13/17 um 08:33 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
>> The flatten-maven-plugin solution appears to me like a workaround for
>> some missing support in Maven core. Also a good reason to split build
>> pom from deployed pom. Maybe all of this better be postponed to model
>> version 5.0.0?
> splitting build pom from deployed (or consumer) pom IMHO is:
> 1. not a workaround
> 2. exactly what we need *before* working on model 5.0.0

I did not object to anything. I am just wondering how compatible that is
to that "the model version 4.0.0 ship has sailed" statement. If a pom
gets deployed to central using a version expression, no one can consume
such a project. The warnings about "version must be a constant" were
there for a reason. Allowing just a few expressions is not different to
allowing all kinds of expressions. We could allow expressions in
versions like in Maven 2 again and make that a supported feature, if
Maven core can deal with it correctly (by never allowing anything like
that to appear in any repository).

Christian