Hi Gary,

as Robert already pointed out Maven can run fine on JDK 9...for a very long time..

I'm working on support for jlink, jmod to support creation of run time images with Maven simple (currently in its alpha states if this is appropriate) ...which can be looked at the currenty example project[1] also in my blog[2] etc.

Furthermore we have at the moment only left few problems (see maven-ear-plugin)...The maven-ejb-plugin where currently the VOTE is running for which fixes issues related to JDK 9...

Robert is making many efforts on getting things done in maven-compiler-plugin and many other plugins/components as well...

The current state can be looked at the wiki[4]

It would be great to see people trying to use JDK 9 and see how it works with Maven...in particular issues related to migration to JDK 9 and modularization? What are the pain points ?

I've taken an example project which does some usage of JDK 9 and modules in a way I don't like (changind maven default directory layout) so I'm trying to fix in the way I like to see how it should work...and if it works...And currently there is an issue in maven-compiler-plugin which will be fixed with the next released which will come very soon...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[1]: https://github.com/khmarbaise/jdk9-jlink-jmod-example
[2]: http://blog.soebes.de/blog/2017/06/06/howto-create-a-java-run-time-image-with-maven/ [3]: https://dzone.com/articles/jdk9-howto-create-a-java-run-time-image-with-maven