On 2018-11-04T15:34:11 +0100
Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:

> you can build https://github.com/apache/maven/tree/MNG-6059 with quick build
> instruction at the end of README

Thanks. I've built 523db580468bc2b9d8420470bb24f5f688220701 and it
seems to be working for all but the
project/distributionManagement/site/@child.site.url.inherit.append.path
element. I have this in my organization-wide POM:

  https://github.com/io7m/primogenitor/blob/release/3.0.0-beta0019/pom.xml#L126

I then use the property in BND bundle manifests:

  https://github.com/io7m/primogenitor/blob/release/3.0.0-beta0019/pom.xml#L433

The $[...] syntax is just BND-speak for "expand this property as late
as possible". Using the traditional ${...} syntax can cause those
properties to be expanded too early, resulting in the values as they
appeared in the parent being used in child modules.

Then, in a descendant project:

  https://github.com/io7m/junreachable/blob/release/3.0.0/pom.xml#L39
  https://github.com/io7m/junreachable/blob/release/3.0.0/pom.xml#L60

If I look at the resulting OSGi manifest for the
com.io7m.junreachable.core module, I see:

Bundle-Description                       Exception types for marking
unreachable/unimplemented code (Core)
Bundle-DocURL
https://www.io7m.com/software/junreachable/com.io7m.junreachable.core
Bundle-ManifestVersion                   2

Bundle-Name                              com.io7m.junreachable.core 3.0.0 -
Exception types for marking unreachable/unimplemented code (Core)
Bundle-SCM                               https://github.com/io7m/junreachable

Bundle-SymbolicName                      com.io7m.junreachable.core

Bundle-Vendor                            io7m.com

Bundle-Version                           3.0.0

Export-Package                           com.io7m.junreachable;version="3.0.0"

Implementation-Build
e519345f73b1d2f4c9393eadbf9909ac361a0751
Implementation-Title                     com.io7m.junreachable.core

Implementation-Vendor                    io7m.com

Implementation-Vendor-Id                 com.io7m.junreachable

Implementation-Version                   3.0.0

Manifest-Version                         1.0

Require-Capability
osgi.ee;filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=11))"
Sealed                                   true

Specification-Title                      com.io7m.junreachable.core

Specification-Vendor                     io7m.com

Specification-Version                    3.0.0

So you can see that the Bundle-SCM field, which is built from
${project.scm.url}, has the correct non-appended value. However,
Bundle-DocURL, which is built from
${project.distributionManagement.site.url}, still has the module
name appended to it.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com