'Ello.

On 2018-11-06T00:03:53 +0100
Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> even if this is somewhat a corner case (while overriding everything in b, you
> can override the attribute also), it is strange...

I'm not sure it's a corner case, exactly. It reflects the real-life
situation I'm in: Consider a tree where 'a' is the root, and there are
a large number of projects (at the depth of 'b') that all inherit from
'a'. In my case "large" means "more than seventy" so, as you can
imagine, I'm not enthusiastic about going through all of those projects
and adding an attribute just to to fix a bug in Maven. :) In my case,
there are over 400 modules at the depth of 'c' spread across all of the
'b'-level projects.

> I can reproduce the issue in an inheritance unit test (no-append-urls in
> maven-model-builder), but still need to investigate why it does not work as
> intended by ModelMerger.mergeSite(...): you can easily check by removing
> "name" field in b, you'll see that merge for other fields does not work

Good to know it's reproducible in tests.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com