Hi Mark,

even if this is somewhat a corner case (while overriding everything in b, you
can override the attribute also), it is strange...

The more immediate check is to run "mvn help:effective-pom" on b to check that
child.site.url.inherit.append.path is configured: I still don't understand
why, but it is not.

I can reproduce the issue in an inheritance unit test (no-append-urls in
maven-model-builder), but still need to investigate why it does not work as
intended by ModelMerger.mergeSite(...): you can easily check by removing
"name" field in b, you'll see that merge for other fields does not work

I'll investigate later, it's late here now :)

Regards,

Hervé