Hi,

Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
> based on the feedback I got, I updated the proposal:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=74682318
>
> The archives entries timestamp is now configured with
> project.build.outputTimestamp property, in ISO-8601 format
> <project>
>   <properties>
>
> <project.build.outputTimestamp>2019-10-02T08:04:00Z</project.build.outputTimestamp>
>   </properties>
> </project>

nice work, Hervé.

Two comments:

- We already have maven.build.timestamp [1], so I wonder whether it
should be maven.build.outputTimestap, too. Although one may argue that
this *output* timestamp is a property of the project being built, not
the Maven execution (in particular if the property becomes a POM element
in POM version 5).

- Can we get something analogous to maven.build.timestamp.format? One
could then write the following to be compatible with env.SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH:

<project>
  <properties>

<project.build.outputTimestamp>${env.SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH}<project.build.outputTimestamp>

<project.build.outputTimestamp.format>...</project.build.outputTimestamp.format>
  </properties>
</project>

Unfortunately, SimpleDateFormat or its java.time equivalents do not seem
to have a format string for "seconds since the epoch", so we may want to
make "seconds since the epoch" the default for
project.build.outputTimestamp's format and only parse according to
project.build.outputTimestamp.format when that property is indeed set.

WDYT?

Best wishes.

Andreas

<https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html#Available_Variables>