Hi Enrico,

so I would definitely +1 to be able to do it this way ...
I think reproducible builds are important for releases, but I am not that sure
the same applies for the daily business in a project.
For being able to do releases it would be a huge improvement, if this is
automatically handled the same way the versions are updated.

For the plc4x project I was even thinking of building some maven tooling to
automatically verify the built archives with the ones staged in nexus for
binary equality.

Chris

Am 11.10.19, 09:05 schrieb "Enrico Olivelli" <eolive...@gmail.com>:

    Il ven 11 ott 2019, 08:31 Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de> ha
    scritto:

    > Just a small question. I have been following this thread with great
    > interest.
    >
    > I think this is going to be a big thing when it makes the changes
    > available to the main maven system.
    >
    > So as far as I understand the core part will be a fixed timestamp which
    > will then be used throughout the build by multiple pluggins.
    >
    > So if I provide the same timestamp the result should be binary identical.
    >
    > Would it be possible to have this timestamp written/updated in the pom as
    > part of the release:prepare step?

    Yep, this was one of my questions at the beginning of this thread.
    I see value in this proposal

    Enrico