Le dim. 4 avr. 2021 à 14:10, Robert Scholte <rfscho...@apache.org> a écrit :

> To me all releases can contain security fixes.
> Depending on the risk of the CVE we can decide to do a release with only
> those fixes (see Maven 3.0.5 and 3.8.1)

I get that but it does not help users to pick versions and to get any
stability in their build - which is the goal of this thread.
Since you rejected a 3.6.4 for last CVE hitting us I have to admit I have a
hard time to formalize it.
Best I come up is "we'll do what we want" which is hopefully just a
complete misinterpretation of what you mean but hope shows how clueless I
am with such a statement at the moment.
Can you try to refine it please?

Concretely, today I'm starting with a 3.8.1, what am I expecting to use in
5 years for this project trying to get security fixes and being stable (ie
4.x is assumed excluded?)?