Not to obstruct your train of thought, but I want to add that the pragmatic
imperative is a double-edged sword.
Ruling out the possibility of side effects also rules out any unexpected
benefits.
So often I've found doors were opened because I expanded my vision and did
things that weren't required.
With Maven tracking the latest LTS JDK I wonder how many fingers would be
freed from plugging up the JDK8 dyke.
Delany