On 4/13/07, ArneD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

To adress these issues, may I suggest the following:

- Build Maven distributions that include a super POM that declares the
latest stable(!) version of all core Maven plugins (i.e. the plugins hosted
on maven.apache.org).

That won't work. You couldn't expect a corporate pom to be changed that often.

- Provide a downloadable distribution that is completely independent of
repo1, i.e. a distribution that contains all Maven core plugins (in form of
a pre-filled local repository, for example) in the latest stable version

Not sure I follow but I don't see how it will fix the problem.

Stéphane

Regards
- Arne