On 23 Apr 07, at 8:57 AM 23 Apr 07, Jörg Schaible wrote:

Hi Brian,

Brian E. Fox wrote on Monday, April 23, 2007 2:42 PM:

Everyone keeps referring to bundles that "are known to work together."
Come someone produce an example of plugins that are incompatible with
each other?

Annoying: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-641

I haven't seen this and I'm not even sure it's possible
given that plugins can't communicate or even know about each other.

XDoclet plugin depends on Antrun plugin 1.0. And the dep is declared as *jar* dependency (relying on the fact, that M2 cannot distinguish it). This is the real culprit.

The base ant tools have now been componentized so that's what should be reused, not another plugin. One plugin extending another is just total anti-pattern in Maven.

I personally think all these solutions are overly complicated. I think
we just need to find a way to make it easy to specify the versions of
plugins in your poms.

- Jörg