On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 15:15:55 Michael McCallum wrote:
> > IMHO, I think our approach excels in making sure this doesn't happen.
> > First and foremost, if this version range issue can be fixed, snapshots
> > will never be considered valid unless explicitly asked for.  Therefore
> > snapshot deploys will never be a problem for me.  Currently I can't even
> > release because snapshots are not filtered out.
>
> the enforcer plugin definitely fixes this and the generateReleasePoms=true
> ensures that the build from tag uses the same clean deps as when tagging
sorry lets you get errors if you try to release with snapshots...

this is how i configured it... it pays to do a clean test enabling the profile
first otherwise it fails on perform rather than tag... there may be a better
way that this though

     <profile>
      <id>enforce-no-snapshots</id>
      <activation>
        <property>
          <name>performRelease</name>
          <value>true</value>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <id>enforce-no-snapshots</id>
                <phase>validate</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>enforce</goal>
                </goals>
                <configuration>
                  <rules>
                    <noSnapshots>
                      <message>
                        No snapshots allowed in releases it breaks build
reproducibility.
                      </message>
                    </noSnapshots>
                  </rules>
                  <searchTransitive>true</searchTransitive>
                  <fail>true</fail>
                </configuration>
              </execution>
            </executions>