Back to the origin of the thread

Version ranges with non-snapshot bounds can contain snapshot versions
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3092

I feel that the current behaviour is correct and can be managed sufficiently
by profiles. Let me render some scenarios...

1) You wish a release build with no snapshots which is the normal behaviour
and so you just build the trunk of your artifact and it works... optionally
the enforcer plugin can ensure that you are not including snapshot
dependencies

2) You wish a dev build with all snapshots enabled so you enable a project
configured in your settings.xml that exposes you snapshot repositories
Obivously we need to fix... http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2994 first

3) You wish a dev build but with only a single snapshot... build the project
you wish a snapshot of into your local repo... build as in #1

If we were to fix MNG-3092 then 2 would not be possible... as you would have
to go and edit all your poms to enable snapshots... i have well over 100
artifacts and many dependencies that exist in 40 or more projects... it seems
to be that decent continuous integration would not be possible if you fix
MNG-3092

Can we start a vote for this issue here I guess the same rules as releases
would apply. 72 hours only pmc votes are binding. etc etc

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer