On 1/26/11 7:36 AM, Lukas Theussl wrote:

No problem if it's clear in the context. As I said, it's not a big issue
and I'm not going to tell anybody how to lead a conversation. That said,
I believe it shows good form and education if you use normal language in
a normal conversation. :)

Apologies if my addition to the veto thread was what touched this off. :-) It was a combination of using a phone for email for the first time (yes, I know, I must be some kind of Luddite), and being in the habit of expressing agreement via "+1" which happens all over the place in the open-source world, and not just for votes.

Again, apologies if I confused anyone.

-Lukas

Mark Struberg wrote:
-1 or: I do not agree ;)

seriously, a +1 and -1 just states agreement/disagreement. Imo a vote
is a vote is a vote only if the subject says [VOTE] or [DISCUSS] [1].

A +1 in all other threads are just the expression of a ack/nack which
makes it easier/quicker to read, because the +1 or -1 just visually
jumps out of the text. If people start expressing their gut feeling
with long sentences, then this might slow down the process/overview on
the mailing lists.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DocumentationPlan