I would even go further and say that if it's not a vote, a +1 or "I
agree" by themselves don't really add to the conversation.  In general,
no response means either "I agree" or "I don't care enough to respond,
so do what you want".  If a proposal or discussion item is put forward,
it's normally safe to assume that unless someone speaks up, people are
ok with it.  So at a minimum for non-vote items, I would prefer "I agree
because...", or "I disagree because...".