Wow - that seems like a hell of a lot of releases having to be made...

This post is probably drifting off topic but the thing that strikes me here
is that this is the exact reason why maven supports version ranges - so that
you don't have to make a plethora of rolling releases just because one
change was made downstream.

It's no wonder a lot of version range bugs in maven never get fixed if none
of the plugins or maven itself actually uses them.  Of course this only
solves the problem where an upstream release contains non-breaking changes
for its downstream users which hopefully, for bug fixes would be more often
than not.

Locking down versions is good for third party dependencies, but I'm very
much of the mind that ranges should be used for sibings, would certainly
solve the problem of transitive release blowouts.

--
"Great artists are extremely selfish and arrogant things" — Steven Wilson,
Porcupine Tree