On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 13:55:31 +0200
Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Tony Chemit wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 21:22:43 +0200
> > Hervé BOUTEMY<herve.bout...@free.fr>  wrote:
> >
> >> I forgot we had this great Jenkins instance with lots of OSes and
> >> configuration combinations, and improved ITs to cover a lot of
> >> cases (more than +50% over 3.0-beta-3)
> >>
> >> Then I'm now confident that we can release a good quality even
> >> without a lot of users having done tests themselves.
> >>
> >> +1 for 3.0 final: it won't be over-estimated!
> >>
> > Something was detected as a regression in last stable version of
> > version 2.3 of the site plugin
> >
> > Lukas added a IT for this case [1] and has also a ticket [2]. If
> > this is not ok, this is for my part a none reason to a final
> > release ?
> >
> > I don't know the difficulty to fix this problem...
> >
> > [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1126420&view=rev
> > [2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-585
> >

> I have committed a fix for the issue, however, I am not sure if it
> fixes your exact use-case and it probably still requires adjustment
> of your project (the parent pom requires default values for all
> variables). I have deployed snapshots (2.4-SNAPSHOT and
> 3.0-beta-4-SNAPSHOT), please check if it helps anything.

I tried the SNAPSHOT version, but it does not helps me for some reasons
I found with a fresh checkout of the branch.

1) In the deploy mojo, to obtain the site id and site url, the
getRootSite method is used but does not do the magic work I want,
beacuse the final pom does not use the same site server than the root
project site :(

2) I fix do a little fix for that (testing as soon as site server id
changed), I had after this the correct site url and id discovered. A
new problem happens then : As the parent project site is NOT the same
than the root project, the relative url computed before the push method
invocation is not correct at all.

I will give you a little project to explain all this when I will have
more time.

Cheers,

Tony