It seems to me that one of the major values of an 'RC' discipline is
that it's uniquely tagged and bagged we can tell which bugs where
found or fixed in which RC.

This in turn could argue for a scheme in which we vote and release
'milestone' releases: available for general testing, protected by the
Foundation's umbrella, but officially not fully stable.

Based on long experience answering questions and criticism about this project, I've learned to be a little more cautious about calling something ready without having feedback from users.

It's just my opinion, but it seems like soliciting feedback only after calling something released is a little back-to-front.

John Casey
Developer, PMC Chair - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Blog: http://www.johnofalltrades.name/