I just noticed that v2.0.1 is still the default version of the
maven-site-plugin. I was under the impression that once v3.0 of
m-site-p was released, this would change so that we have a workable
site configuration out-of-the-box.
I can't find a jira ticket for this so I must have misunderstood
things. But it's unfortunate that we still have unworkable site part
with Maven defaults. I'll file a ticket for this to be fixed in a
future version.

/Anders