The issues with the ci-aggregator have been solved.
Main reason of the problems was the maven-invoker-plugin-1.3
By updating the version to 1.5 the issues disappeared.
I'll check this RC with some other projects as well.

-Robert

@Anders, it looks like you're right, see components.xml[1]

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/maven-3/trunk/maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml?view=markup#l116