while working on the relations between components, I finally found why there
was something I didn't understand for a long time about Doxia suite structure:
Doxia base contains book support through a plugin, but Doxia base doesn't
contain documents support -- it's Doxia Sitetools.

So we have a circular dependency:
doxia-maven-plugin (from Doxia base) -> maven-doxia-tools -> Doxia-decoration-
model (from Doxia SiteTools) -> Doxia base (xhtml, fo and itext)

IMHO, doxia-book and doxia-maven-plugin should move to Doxia Sitetools [1].

This won't change the artifacts coordinate, so won't change anything for
users.
But this should help when explaining Doxia suite structure, which has been
difficult for a long time, and having a consequence on versioning decision:
should we keep base and Sitetools version at the same level or not?

Any objection? Did I miss something?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-sitetools/index.html