On 2012-03-29 09:13, Lukas Theussl wrote:

> I agree that they don't belong into core, but I rather thought of moving
> them into doxia-tools instead. Not sure what is better.

This was my thought also.

> OTOH, neither book nor maven-plugin have been maintained (AFAIK) since
> they were moved out of the sandbox, and IMO they don't work too well. In
> particular there are problems reported with Maven 3 (DOXIA-438) which I
> haven't tested, but I wanted to suggest a long time ago to deprecate and
> ultimately remove them.

If agree that they should be moved, let's start with that. If the target
is doxia-tools then let's move them there, prior to the 1.3 release of
Doxia and Doxia Sitetools.

My feeling about Doxia Tools is that their sub projects shouldn't be
released all at the same time. They are individual projects and should
have their own release cycles, much like our shared components or plugins.

Also I'd like to move maven-doxia-tools from shared over to Doxia. Given
its description
"Assists in using Doxia for site generation and report creation."
I think that Sitetools would be a good home for it.

> Also the doxia-test-docs should move somewhere else.

What are those? They look like they could be the basis of an IT suite.
Perhaps it should be a completely separate project under the Doxia umbrella?

> -Lukas
>

> Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
>> while working on the relations between components, I finally found why
>> there
>> was something I didn't understand for a long time about Doxia suite
>> structure:
>> Doxia base contains book support through a plugin, but Doxia base doesn't
>> contain documents support -- it's Doxia Sitetools.
>>
>> So we have a circular dependency:
>> doxia-maven-plugin (from Doxia base) ->  maven-doxia-tools ->
>> Doxia-decoration-
>> model (from Doxia SiteTools) ->  Doxia base (xhtml, fo and itext)
>>
>> IMHO, doxia-book and doxia-maven-plugin should move to Doxia Sitetools
>> [1].
>>
>> This won't change the artifacts coordinate, so won't change anything for
>> users.
>> But this should help when explaining Doxia suite structure, which has
>> been
>> difficult for a long time, and having a consequence on versioning
>> decision:
>> should we keep base and Sitetools version at the same level or not?
>>

>> Any objection? Did I miss something?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé
>>

>> [1] http://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-sitetools/index.html