I think these are both good ideas.

There's a couple of things expression currently supports that probably
shouldn't be supported under "property" to avoid confusion:
- ${project.*} as these should be specified under a default-value (they can't
be overridden by -Dproject.XXX, etc.).
- ${settings}, ${session}, etc. - Maven internal variables. It would be good to
have some other way to describe them that is not @parameter, and can avoid the
need for the redundant @readonly and @required they usually come with

Looking at that, it actually seems like readonly and required belong as
attributes of @parameter now too.

- Brett

On 14/05/2012, at 5:59 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> As discussed previously, there was some interest in changing supported tags.
>
> Now that Java 5 annotations support is ok, I already added some change in
> MPLUGIN-194 [1]: you can remove ${ } when defining parameter expression
>
> I just created MPLUGIN-196 issue [2] to rename "expression" to "property",
> where ${ } would even not be supported
>
> Please comment: any objection? any better idea?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>

> [1] https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-194
>
> [2] https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-196