Here's my suggestion:

We keep the current state where we have the new logging API (slf4j) and the
System.out style implementation. Then we (Olivier?) create a JIRA ticket
for moving to a different logging implementation using a more flexible
logging framework. Then we discuss the benefits of doing that move. We
could even ask the users if it is something that people even want.

/Anders