You are the release manager. My vote on respinning specifically stated that
any releases in progress, the release manager can decide.

If it were me I'd call it 3.1.0-beta-1 as we have had enough eyes by now
that its better than alpha... I'd also be happy going straight for the
3.1.0 end game... But if you want to hold 3.1.0 as a sacred number and
"fear" the respinning vote going > +3, then -beta-1 would give you
breathing room.

TL;DR lets get this bad boy out!

--
Sent from my phone