On 26 June 2013 01:25, Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> And if the "mvn deploy" fails for any reason?
>
> We get this often enough with a crappy connection to our nexus servers.
>
>> Is it necessary to re-run release:perform?
>
> release:perform may be at the stage where it has deleted the
> configuration file details, in which case you just revert to the
> manual steps that release:perform is automating for you.

Which could result in spurious files in the workspace.
People make mistakes.

> If its tagged everything correctly, and you build is fine - but the
> upload to the staging repository failed, then you can do this
> yourself.

If this route is taken, there is no guarantee that the workspace is clean.
People make mistakes.

> Or you can just re-spin the release process. No drama.
>
>> And does that always create a fresh workspace?
>
> Yes.

OK it might perhaps be possible to prove that this will never result
in additional spurious files appearing in source archives.

However there is also the possibility that vital files are missing
from the source archive.
For that to be detected, a comparison with the SVN tag is needed.