Hello,

there are some bugs[1] in regard to Jenkins/Maven-Release-Plugin where the
forked maven instance picks up the wrong Java version (and therefore
creates problems with compiler settings-bootclasspath and similiar).

There are some Jenkins discussions around that, but I think the actual
problem is, that the release plugin actually added a attribute to the mojo
for javaHome but never uses it.

Find attached a proof of concept patch (untested and missing null checks)
with the code I think is missing.

BTW: there is another thing, calling the maven start script might introduce
all kinds of unwanted configurations, especially starting
mavenrc_prebuild.bat/sh. So I would actually also add the MAVE_SKIP_RC=true
environemnt variable, I am just not sure if unconditional or not.

It seems there is no Jira for this, but I might be wrong?

Greetings
Bernd

1 https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-6763