Today's community sync video/audio is archived at:
http://youtu.be/ZQT6-fw8Ito
The meeting agenda/notes are available at:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/153CUCj5LOJCFAVpdDZC7COJDwKh9RDjxaTA0S7lzwDA/edit?usp=sharing

For convenience, today's notes are reproduced below:

   -

   0.21.2-0.24.1 Patch Releases [Adam]
   -

      What’s the plan for how many releases we want to support? BenH:
      Support at least 3 versions (e.g. 0.22.x, 0.23.x, 0.24.x) for
which we will
      do patch fixes
      Neil: Or support an LTS version + recent releases
      -

      Separate Release Manager for backports? Joris and MPark will RM for
      these patch releases, with Adam shepherding. In general, patch/point
      releases don’t need to be managed by the same person who did the original
      release.
      -

      Need some guidelines (on the website) for what is a
      backport-able/critical patch.
      -

      AI[Adam+0.25RMs]: Expand Release Guide with # supported releases,
      guidelines for critical patches, RM roles/responsibilities
      -

   0.25.0 Release Planning[Joris]: Dashboard
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12326859>
   -

      Planning a triage meeting for Friday, hope to cut 0.25.0-rc1 by Sept.
      23rd.
      -

   MesosCon EU [Adam]: Schedule announced! http://mesosconeu2015.sched.org/
   -

      Register! Attend! Meet cool people! Learn awesome things!
      -

      Want to grow developer community as well as user community
      -

      Community voting vs. Program Committee selection?
      -

   Mesos Developer Community Sync Frequency to weekly [Joris, BenH]
   -

      Rotating time for time zones
      -

      Weeklys can be video/hangout
      -

      1/mo can be on-site @Twitter/Mesosphere/etc
      -

      AI [Joris]: Send out email proposal for times, weekly schedule
      -

      Proposal: Send each meeting’s notes to dev list (in plain text)
      afterwards
      -

   ReviewBot needs more OS/Compiler coverage [Joseph, Joris]
   -

      ReviewBot != Jenkins continuous build
      -

   MESOS-3147: Allocator Refactor project kick off, want to discuss more
   for how we can proceed this. [Guangya, MPark, AlexR]
   -

      Shepherd: MPark
      -

      Reviewer: AlexR
      -

      working group for this project
      -

         members: IBM, ?/
         -

      Gather more requirement/use-cases in a doc first
      -

   [Impromptu from Micheal@twitter] framework dev kit - File a JIRA ticket
   and start collecting user-stories so as to understand scope. From BenH: May
   require user-group at some point.
   -

   <jpeach> WRT growing the developer community ... does anyone want to
   speak about the process of getting a shepherd?
   -

      <adam-mesos> jpeach: Short answer: email the dev@ list. Long answer:
      we can discuss it at the next community sync
      -

      There will be a talk at MesosCon EU about this as well