I’m looking into options for moving video of MesosCon 2015 presentations
(the project's community conference that took place in Seattle with 700+
attendees) from their current stand-alone YouTube channel (
https://www.youtube.com/@mesoscon881) to a larger channel that’s more
official.

Motivation
Apache Mesos became a top-level ASF project 10 years ago and I’d like these
presentation videos to be accessible for many more years. To ensure that
they aren’t lost or accidentally deleted I believe they should be saved to
an official channel. Migration becomes less likely and more difficult with
time so I’m prioritizing this now.

Anticipated Impact
Minimal. In the options I’m currently exploring the links will change but
videos will remain discoverable via YouTube search. Previous YouTube view
counts will likely be lost. Once the videos are uploaded to a new channel
the previous MesosCon channel will be deleted.

Paths Being Explored
We’ve been given the green light to use The Apache Software Foundation
YouTube channel and would likely post videos in a separate event playlist.
I also plan to contact The Linux Foundation who managed the event to see if
they’d prefer to host the videos themselves (the LF already hosts video
from MesosCon 2016 and 2017).

Your feedback is welcome! I’ll continue to work on this in the coming weeks
and will report back with an updated link once the transfer is complete.

Best,
Dave Lester
Apache Mesos PMC Member and Co-chair of MesosCon 2015