Hi Simone, and welcome to the community.

There are a number of extension points in Metron, the key ones being around
machine learning. I suggest taking a look at
https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-analytics/metron-maas-service

<https://github.com/apache/metron/tree/master/metron-analytics/metron-maas-service>
 for more information about the model as a service. This is the bit that helps
you add models in pretty much any language that will run in a yarn container
(python, R and spark models are probably the most popular).

Hope that helps, and looking forward to hearing more about your research, and
any contributions you feel like adding to the community.

Simon