https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Development+Guidelines
is updated to reflect the code style standards.  It also includes
instructions for setting up warnings and autoformatting in both IntelliJ
and Eclipse.

However, the current standard is to not update files that don't match the
overall style.  The larger, one-off, reformats are just to get things into
a consistent style such that we expect everything to actually follow our
style.  IntelliJ lets you reformat at module level (including file masks),
so any module level reformat (best case) is to just reformat on a *.java
mask and make sure nothing went wrong.  I have tested this before on our
project, hence 1087.

Updating the PR template is a good callout though. I'll create a ticket for
it.