Github user anandsubbu commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/817

    Hi @ottobackwards , made the change to remove the ES template installation
from 'load_web_template' role for vagrant deployments. Fired up full-dev with
the change and it comes up fine. Was able to launch and view alerts in the UI.

    Hi @nickwallen - sure, what you are saying makes sense to me. To address
point 1, I have moved the ES template installation step into the Indexing
"Install" method, so this would be called only once. This would also not meddle
with users making customization to the templates subsequently.

    Point 2 is partly addressed with the recent commit in that it takes care of
ES service not running scenario. However I am not sure about how we need to
proceed with a user _not_ using Elasticsearch at all. If I have understand
right, this is something that would require changes and considerations to
packaging and installation, not limited to this pull request alone. Please
correct me if I am missing something.

---