Github user cestella commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/934

    Chiming in late.  I agree that we should not have an explicit dependency on
an indexing Mpack, even one not of our own construction.  I think people will
have a lot of different ways to install solr and Metron's mpack should just be
configured to point to an existing solr instance.

    I would generally be in favor of adding support for:
    * solr.commitPerBatch
    * solr.commit.waitSearcher
    * solr.commit.waitFlush
    * solr.commit.soft
    * solr.collection
    * solr.http.config

    but sensible defaults are chosen there and people can adjust them in the
global config, so I think they can wait for a follow-on.  Some of them may be
problematic to encode in a UI (solr.http.config is a map, for instance), but
most of them would be pretty trivial.  Frankly, I'm a bit hesitant to give
people the ability to screw with transactions details easily.

---