We all know spinning up the development environment is a pain.
Unfortunately, it is the only way for a new user to get a feel for Metron.
We need a better way to introduce new users to Metron.

I am hoping we can brainstorm ways to improve that experience.  Here are a
few thoughts that might help start a discussion.

(1) Create a *KataKoda* [1] based demo.  I ran across this after finding
Apache Ozone's demo [2], which I think is great.

   - A user does not need to download or install anything.  It is a
      completely hosted offering.
      - Provides a step-by-step demo experience that could guide users
      through creating an enrichment, defining a profile, managing alerts.
      - Would require a Metron on Docker solution.

(2) Create a *Vagrant Cloud* [3] hosted image of "Full Dev" with everything
installed and ready to rock.  A user would just need to install Vagrant and
run:

vagrant init metron/0.6.0

vagrant up

   - Reduces the number of dependencies needed to get Metron up-and-running.
      - Significantly increases the success rate of new users getting
      Metron running.
      - Still results in "Full Dev" Metron which requires too many
      resources for the average computer.

Are these good options? What other approaches could we take?  Hopefully
some JIRAs might fall out of this discussion.

- Nick

--
[1] https://www.katacoda.com
[2] https://www.katacoda.com/elek/scenarios/ozone101